- Great presentation given by Linden Skjeie – City of San Jose Environmental Services, on how to Recycling Right! More hints and tips to follow.
- Update from D6 Council office on 3 upcoming community meetings on the City Budget and 2 PRNS volunteer events at the Municipal Rose Garden and Cahill Park in May. All the links to events are below.
- Update from State Senator Dave Cortese on his work in Sacramento.
- Update on the efforts to build on the success of Alameda Business Association’s work to revitalizing the Alameda through the recent SafelySocialSJ and Visit the Alameda initiatives.
- Demo of our new website, to be launched in May! Watch this space.
Full meeting minutes to follow and we look forward to seeing you at the next meeting on Wednesday the 26th of May!
SHPNA President – Helen Chapman
Here are all the details for upcoming meetings and projects you can get involved in.
Community Budget Meetings
The City is hosting a series of a community budget meetings. For more information about the meetings and the City’s budget process, please visit www.sjmayor.org/budget or call Julian Lake at (408) 843-6335.
All three meetings will have Spanish and Vietnamese interpretation available.
- Thursday, May 13, 2021 – 6-8pm: https://sanjoseca.zoom.us/j/99550205879
- Saturday, May 15, 2021 – 10:30-12:30pm: https://sanjoseca.zoom.us/j/92268285140
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021 – 6-8pm: https://sanjoseca.zoom.us/j/97968152312
PRNS Park Volunteer Events
- Rose Garden Community Event: Saturday, May 1st 8AM-4PM https://www.eventbrite.com/e/community-day-at-the-municipal-rose-garden-tickets-150800310789?fbclid=IwAR3nBPxlcaMUlIMe0Xv4N5P-pgVQmJIbVHjZhvg4v3oJPrtztHTuc2RMROI
- Cahill Community Event: May 29th 8:45 AM-12PM https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cahill-park-community-clean-up-day-tickets-150838625389?fbclid=IwAR044IPRPLVvH5UB9gfQ7hkpg1tAvVd6U3bObSXB9IuHfUN5KpKxkbcgO8Q
Other Neighborhood Meetings
- Affordable Housing Siting Policy Community Meeting – Monday, May 3rd, 2021 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- West San Jose Multimodel Transportation Improvement Plan (WSJ MTIP) Workshop – May 12, 2021 6:00pm – 7:30 pm. Where: Via Zoom. Event Website: West San Jose Multimodal Transportation Improvement Plan Workshop
- Supervisor Ellenberg (D4) Community Connects virtual call on Thursday, May 13, 2021. Link to Info
- San Jose City Council Hearing on Google Downtown West/DSAP -Tuesday, May 25, 2021 1.:30 p.m. https://sanjoseca.zoom.us/j/91325378626